Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Alan's Favorite Christmas Playlist

Hello, everyone, and a very wonderful Christmas to all of you, whether or not you're celebrating.

Recently I've shared my lists of My Top 10 Worst "Christmas" Songs, and Popular (NOT) Christmas Songs. Now here's a list of songs that I truly love hearing during this season. Most of these are secular "Christmas songs," but there are a couple in here that actually do address the birth of Jesus in Bethlehem. And, having been blessed with a sense of humor, I also include in my list a few parodies.

Thank God It's Christmas - Queen I'm always a little surprised we don't hear this one on the radio more.

Go Tell It On The Mountain - Mahalia Jackson What a voice Mahalia had. I love her singing so much, that I once named a hamster after her.

Please Come Home For Christmas - Charles Brown So many different versions of this, but this one's probably my favorite.

Blue Christmas - Elvis Presley It's the one where he's in the black leather, ladies.

Blue Christmas - Porky Pig Yes, I know "Blue Christmas" is on here twice, but as they say, that's why there's more than one flavor of ice cream. I used to have this one as a ringtone.

Walking Round In Women's Underwear - Bob Rivers I love twisting the lyrics to songs, and this one just cracks me up. What else can I say.

White Christmas - Bing Crosby Just listen to Bing's voice. Very few entertainers can sing nearly as well as he did. Smooth and cool as the other side of the pillow.

12 Days of Christmas - Straight No Chaser Fun a cappella version of this song.

12 Pains of Christmas I will sit in my car in the parking lot and wait to hear this entire song before getting out. Love when the kid just starts crying at the end.

Sweet Little Jesus Boy - Mahalia Jackson Again, because Mahalia Jackson.

The Little Drummer Boy - The King's Singers A lot of people say they can't stand this song. It's one of my favorites, and The King's Singers do it better than anyone.

Again, Merry Christmas to all of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, cheers, or jeers? Speak, friend, and enter.